An overview of Gone AWOL and your host.
At Gone AWOL I am giving guests permission to leave their lives for a short time and to experience Another Way Of Living. On my doorstep in Moana are the ingredients for living life as it should be lived. I aim to immerse guests in the beauty of the Fleurieu Peninsula, providing exhilarating 1-2 day tours*, with the choice of E-biking, Stand Up Paddle boarding, accommodation and bespoke experiences that will take in the beaches, hills, gorges, rivers and forests that make up my backyard. Combine these with magnificent wine, beer and food and you have Another Way Of Living. It’s pretty simple.
If you’re keen for a more laid back day out and would prefer a more traditional wine tour, Gone AWOL caters for this too (and loves it).
- Guests wishing to book a tour with accomodation will be lodged in a contemporary 2-storey home overlooking the ocean and Fleurieu Peninsula, 2 minutes’ walk from Moana Beach and 20 minutes bike ride from McLaren Vale
- Maximum numbers on tours is 8.
- Rooms accommodate 2 people in single beds (beds can be joined for couples).
Experiences offered as part of tours include:
- E-bike rides along local beaches and McLaren Vale wine district
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding lessons/experiences
- Wine and Brewery Tours**
- Dining experiences***
Bespoke experiences that your group may wish to select (at extra cost) include:
- Corporate meeting space
- Art classes
- Wine making
- Any other experience you suggest
I have lived in Moana since 1976 and love the people and places that make up the Fleurieu Peninsula. I aim to provide you with experiences that only a local can provide. I lived abroad for 11 years and have traveled to over 70 countries. I love traveling and being surrounded by travelers. I have been a Super Host on Airbnb since 2016 and have over 150 excellent reviews. My passions are wine, surfing and the outdoors and my aim is to share this passion with you.
I will pick you up and drop you off at a central location****. During your tour, I will be with you at all times so there will be nothing you will need to worry about other than what wine to drink and which sunscreen to apply. I love what I do and am confident that you will love going AWOL with me.
Please contact me if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to make your experience the best it can be.
- *Guests can book bespoke tours for as many days as they want
- **Some wineries have a cover charge (not included in tour cost)
- ***Continental breakfast is included (for guests with accommodation), however, all other meals are not included in tour price (I will drive you everywhere you wish to dine). You are welcome to use the kitchen and BBQ at your accommodation.
- ****Free pick up and drop off is provided to guests who have booked overnight packages (I can arrange transportation for tour-only guests or provide simple directions to tour starting point).